Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's MAY

Already. It's nearly summer. Holy crap.

Well, on the (other) bright side: the trellis fence is going to be done today (yes, 2 weeks later...), we're shopping for deck lumber tomorrow (yay) for the deck that's being built on the weekend, and the countdown to Casey's birthday has begun (she's marking her calendar... no, really).

Being the first of May (or any month, really), I made the pilgrimage to my favourite horoscope site to see what to expect for the month of May... and she, sadly, hasn't posted the new ones yet. Oh well, later.

So, what do you all think of PC? I'm finding more and more that I'm becoming quite annoyed with having to temper my opinions with phrases like "I respect such-and-such's right to.... but" when the fact of the matter is that I DON'T necessarily respect their choices and feel somehow that I need to temper my opinion in order to - what? - not hurt their feelings? While I DO respect people's rights to have an opinion, I also expect my RIGHTS to be respected. One does NOT have to respect my opinions. This has all come up because of an offensive quote in the Globe that was brought to light by Cheesefairy. I mean yes, it was about shoes, but still... One should not have to apologize for having an opinion, no matter how wrong it may be = )... um, that was a statement of support for Cheesefairy, not the idiot that wrote the comment in the Globe. *grin*

No comments: