Thursday, December 14, 2006

Who does the dishes in YOUR house?

There is an ongoing debate. If you cook, are you also responsible for cleaning? Technically speaking, the "rule" in our house is no. Not strictly, mind you, just technically.

I am a stay at home Mom. I work at home; I also raise my children, the youngest of which is 4 and will be entering Kindergarten next year which means that I also WORK at home. My work involves running a company, in my case from home; as well as writing a cookbook. WORK involves cleaning, cooking, dishes, laundry, pet care, chauffering children to activities and, apparently, picking up after everyone that enters the house.

So what is your opinion? If you cook, are you also responsible for the dishes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, usually the rule is whoever cooks doesn't wash. Though since we got the house with the dishwasher, this is less of an issue.
The division of labour at our house is pretty darn equal.

Glad to see you are blogging!

Urban said...

Thanks, Cheesefairy! I need to come up with my Godessa figure - there's some smiting to go around!