Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Year


While we're about to bring in the New Year, I can't help but think about all of the things, good and bad, that have happened in the last year; Pre-school steps for my youngest; the completion of Grade one and onto 2 for my oldest - with all of its issues and drama; the sale of my childhood home and possibilities that my parents will once again be close enough to visit regularly; the busy-ness and confusion of completely remodeling my home (yay... it's nearly done!); bullying issues, psychiatry, friendships, birth and death.

Quite a year, when I look at it that way. However, if I simply look back without considering individual events, it very simply flew by. Mostly Happy. A Profound Loss. New Life. Exciting Change.

What about you? Are the individual considerations more than the sum of the whole?

It's a difficult question, really.

My family tradition dictates that everyone has the opportunity to make a wish for the New Year. My personal preference is use that wish for everyone. My wish for you is a Happy, Healthy New Year with change, joy, challenge and a never waining curiosity and sense of adventure. Use it well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy happy holidays to you lot as well. your girls are beautiful!