Friday, May 14, 2010

The noise in my head

Do you ever get that? The noisy/static-y confusion that happens when there is too much to do and everything, regardless of what you do to appease the gods of crazy-making, just piles up?

I'm there.

Again.

The noise in my head is getting too loud. So loud in fact, that I don't even know where to start.

The sensible part of me is shouting "Just start somewhere... put the dishes in the dishwasher"(for example)... but the unreasonable part is saying... "okay, but what about the big issues that are pending at work... what about the birthday party... the laundry... what about everything else that ISN'T the dishes"?

So I've said STOP. And now I'm writing about it with the hope that seeing the words written down will calm the crazy.

I need to write a list; a list with 2 columns: side one will be everything that needs doing and side two will be everything that needs doing that I can't do anything about until I hear back/the other guy does his bit/hell freezes over. Maybe... just maybe that will appease the gods of crazy-making. For now.

*update*: The list is made. Turns out that some of the things that I didn't realize were important are. Like setting up my office stuff outside of my bedroom. SOON. I need it to be organized. It also turns out that I have WAY more to do than can be accomplished in a day... or even a week... without help. One thing at a time. Those check marks will feel good. As will getting the stuff off of the "things I can't do anything about right now" list. Clarity is helping... but not as much as 2 more people, 8 more arms, an unlimited budget and time to myself would. Ooo - there's another one for the "today" list: buy a LottoMax ticket :)

*update 2*My boobs are hurting again. Is this a new ovulation thing? Anyone else out there experience pregnancy-like boob swelling and pain during ovulation?

No comments: