Monday, June 7, 2010

June 8

3 years ago today, I met a friend that I hadn't seen in nearly 10 years on a beach that I hadn't been on in more than 4 years. We had communicated using social networking sites for quite some time... which led to nightly messenger conversations that kept us both up long past our bedtimes.

Today we're living together in a house we bought together, hoping to have a successful pregnancy and to bring together my children with our child(ren).

It is times like this that remind me that all of the noise and hassle of everyday life are minuscule compared to the luck and love I have in my Best Friend and Lover. We share a connection that is very special, and I think more than a bit unusual.

On that evening on the beach, we sat closer than friends should and talked until well after the sun went down about new things and old things and everything that had happened in our lives since we had last said good bye. Neither one of us wanted to part company, so we didn't.

There have been a great many ups and downs in the years between then and now, but the one constant has been each other.

I love you, baby. Thank you for everything that you bring to my life.

No comments: