Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thank You.

Two words that mean A LOT.

Would it KILL ya to say them???

Awhile back I was frustrated with my life - cooking, cleaning, driving kids around, work, etc., etc.... well, none of that has changed significantly, if at all... but you know what? I would REALLY like a "thank you" every now and again - from EVERYone that lives in this house. I work hard... at work, at home and seemingly FOR everyone's benefit (with the possible exception of mine - but that's a Mom's job right?? no really...).

Today has tipped it. I'm plain old pissed off. I cook - in the old days, that meant that SOMEONE ELSE did the dishes, no? Well, so much for that. I left them. Fuck it, I said, I'm not doing them. That was 2 days ago. Woke up this morning, hoping the kitchen elf had come and he had not. Went out to buy some fabric to lengthen my dress for our Christmas party next weekend... HOPED to come home to SOMEthing done - was it? NO! So I did it rather than do what I wanted to do, which was work on my dress. I chastised myself the entire time FOR doing it, but I did it - and it's made me a Very Grumpy Bear. WHY??? WHY am I the only one that can clean up around here? And now, to top it off, I'm doing everyone's laundry.

So really folks - what do you think? Thank You? Is it so hard?

No comments: