Monday, December 21, 2009

And now for something COMPLETELY different...

Wow. What a crazy-busy weekend!

We both had a great day on Friday, so we decided to treat ourselves (well, courtesy of our Realtor, actually) to dinner at The Keg - yum!... Saturday was a wash what with adding 5" to my gown/shopping for a bit of understated but elegant bling/buying a suit for my work party - but WOW, it was worth it! I tell ya, the folks that I work with are an amazing bunch, with leadership that CARES. I was so nervous - crazy, right? I haven't really dressed up in a LONG time (probably since my 1996 wedding, actually)... so I was concerned about the 'look'... and I've heard so much about the legendary Christmas Party that I was worried that my expectations simply wouldn't be met. I've been to a LOT of Christmas parties over the years, and I have to say that this one made all of the others look like a McDonalds birthday party in comparison.

We arrived (me nervously pulling at my bodice wondering if I let the 'girls' out for too much air), and all of my concerns/hesitations/trepidations were INSTANTLY assuaged as soon as we walked in the door. Those put aside, we thoroughly enjoyed everything from the company to the sit-down dinner through the music and dancing and home again. Chris shone like I've never seen him - I'm a lucky, lucky girl... he was also terribly impressed that we dined with not one, but TWO medal-winning Olympians (one a first year Consultant and the other the wife of a long-time Consultant). I loved seeing him like that... and DAMN, talk about sexy in his suit! (which I've also never seen - he's a programmer). All in all, one of the best evenings I've had - certainly THE best work party.

Then I got a call from my Mum. OOPS! Forgot about my sister's birthday! So I figured that I would do the shopping that I'd been putting off. SUCCESS!!! Birthday and Christmas pressies galore - and I'm happy with EVERYTHING! Another hurdle cleared... then off to dinner with my sis and parents. As I sit here this morning, I feel like I'm starving - a food hangover, certainly... no one can eat that much rich food in a weekend and fit into their suit on a Monday morning! Nothing but yogurt, granola, fruit and salad (and certainly no more alcohol!) until Christmas for this (very happy) camper.

So... a Very Merry Christmas to all - and I truly hope that you will be as fortunate as I feel going into 2010.

XO

No comments: