Sunday, July 13, 2008

*blushing*

Hello. I know it's been awhile... a lot has happened in the past 3 months. I ALSO am painfully aware that I never did complete my ClubMed blog - I only ever got to day 2... enh.

I'm in Winnipeg. Yes, Winnipeg. I'm here completing my training for my new position in my new life... oh yeah - I moved... didn't I mention?

Here's a brief overview, for those of you that haven't heard it:

- Got back from Vacation April 12, landed without job.
- Got back from Vacation to a sold house!
- Decided to try and figure out exactly what it was that I DID want to do - needed to have something/anything in place before moving: talked to a lot of people about a lot of options and came out where I am - in Winnipeg, completing my training as a Consultant with Investors Group Financial. Finally! A job where I can help people help themselves. It's a good thing.
- Took the IFIC (Investment Funds in Canada) course, and passed with quite high marks (yeah, it's a brag)on June 1st :)
- Started packing for my move (which was happening June 7th!)... my guy came over to help on the last night, which was SO appreciated - you have no idea. Also? Apparently I hired the best moving company in the universe... the guys were just fantastic - and done well ahead of their expected schedule.
- Moved
- Started new position 3 days after moving - and also began studying for the LLQP (Life License Qualification Program) - which is required by IG... we ARE a FULL SERVICE company.
- Loved the learning curve - so much... SO MUCH to learn (still... don't know if that bit will ever be done... another HUGE perk, for me)
- Wrote the LLQP on July 6th (and passed! again, with above-average marks :)... yay me) and left for Winnipeg on the 8th.

Yeah, it's been a bit whirlwind, but that's a good thing. If I stopped and thought about it all as I went along, I might've talked myself into intimidation and not finished my walk down this very exciting road.

Moral of this story? I love my new life, although I still need to find a house in which to live that does NOT belong to my parents. I get to help people plan for their future and watch over the next 20 years as the work we do together helps them fulfill all their hopes and dreams.

I'm a very lucky girl.