Friday, July 18, 2008

TGIF

REALLY... thank goodness it's Friday.

I've been in Winnipeg now since July 9th... you know? I've done my fair share of travelling in my short years, but never felt homesick - until this trip, only 2 1/2 hours' flight from home.

I've missed you; the other half of my heart, I've missed my babies, I've missed my bed, I've missed real food, I've missed the mountains and the people... but not just "gee I wish I was there" missed - not being able to sleep and crying at the thought of you missed.

I woke up early this morning (some may say very late last night... but the sun was trying to come up, nonetheless), and without the aid of the alarm... I board my plane at 1:45 this afternoon and leave the ground at 2:15. I'll arrive at 3:16 and be in your arms shortly thereafter. And I will sleep tonight.

I cried in class this week (yes, I'm a silly girl) - we were learning to paint word pictures of other's goals and dreams, and in doing so, were asked to paint our own... it involved the house we've talked about, and the trip of a lifetime... sailing down the west coast to the Panama Canal, across the Atlantic and into the Mediterranean... things I didn't know meant so much to me until they were on paper and I tried to read them aloud.

Can't wait to see you... so happy Friday's finally here XO

No comments: