Thursday, April 26, 2007

You are getting sleeeepy....

No, not really.

Here's the thing. Hypnotism is cool - very cool... but if I had to describe it to you, it would be very difficult. You "wake up" remembering everything that happened - but that's because you're not "out"... you ARE actually conscious and aware the entire time. You are NOT under the control of the practitioner, and what you do or don't do is entirely up to you. You will not/cannot participate in anything that goes against your grain or that you find morally or ethically repugnant.

My practitioner did plant a post-hypnotic suggestion that did actually allow me to ignore (or accept) the snores beside me last night, allowing me to have a great sleep! Yay! But I woke up with my daughter's persistent cough (boo). S'okay. Anything's better with a solid 7 hours under your belt!

Conclusion? Hypnosis works. I'm going again on Tuesday to work some more on relaxation techniques... she's going to teach me to self-hypnotise!

2 comments:

Mrs. Dymund said...

Cool, Dude.

May I also express my envy of that seven hours?

Urban said...

Yes, you may! But I MUST point out that it's been an incredibly long time coming!