Thursday, July 23, 2009

... one week and counting

I hate packing - have I mentioned that?

Moving itself isn't so bad... particularly the last 3, 'cause I put out for movers. This time though, we're using PODS in an effort to save a little $$, so we're packing and moving ourselves. The GREAT thing about this is that we'll have 3 days to load (not a couple of hours), won't be charged for mileage, get free storage at their facility (okay, maybe not FREE, but certainly included in the price) and then, 15 days later, like magic, our stuff shows up and we'll have 3 days to UNpack! (the 3-day thing is completely arbitrary and self-imposed... we're wonderful people, but DO tend a bit toward procrastination). I like the break in-between: not the "where are we going to stay"-ness; rather the "we don't have to move everything we own twice in the same day"-ness. That said, if you're around next week (tues-thurs) and want to throw things in boxes, or possibly into the PODS, PLEASE help :)

Ah, but back to packing. I don't know why it's such a difficult thing to put one's things into boxes. I spend time worrying about it, wondering which object should go into which box with what... time looking at everything, cleaning everything ('cause the box cares, y'know), wrapping it... for what, really? I don't have issues packing other people's stuff - just mine/ours. Here we find the root of my procrastination. I don't WANT to look at everything, clean everything, worry about everything - it's ridiculous! I can't even count the number of times I've nearly wished for a house to burn down JUST so that I don't have to pack! *sigh*

All of that said, we're nearly done with this house. Not even close to being done moving and packing - but there's just over a week left and then we WILL be done. Thank goodness.

No comments: